AU College of Engineering

AU College of Engineering

 

The Government of Composite Madras State sanctioned the present Engineering College at Visakhapatnam in 1946 even though the seeds of Technological education were sown when Sugar Technology was started in the year 1933. In 1946, initially the College was located at Cocanada, now called as Kakinada. After the separation of Andhra State in 1953, the Department of Engineering with Mechanical, Civil and Electrical Engineering sections was started as a part of Andhra University. In 1960 it was shifted to a 167 acre land now called the North campus of Andhra University. The restructuring of the University Colleges saw the emergence of Andhra University College of Engineering in 1960. By 1962 the Department of Chemical Technology, earlier known as Sugar Technology that started way back in 1933 itself, was also moved to the North Campus. The sections of Basic Sciences were upgraded in 1964 to Departments in 1979. Over the years, the Andhra University College of Engineering grew from strength to strength and at present offers 17 UG and 42 PG Programs.

Andhra University is a premier Institute of higher education in India, was established in 1926. Located on the uplands of Visakhapatnam, ‘The City of Destiny’, the natural beauty of the University campus is breathtaking, with the spread of serene blue shade of the ‘Bay of Bengal’ on one side of it and on the other, beautiful green Kailasagiri hill range.  Sir Dr. C.R.Reddy was the founder Vice-Chancellor of the Andhra University.

Contact Info

Prof G.S.N. Raju
B.E (ECE), M.E., Ph.D (IIT-KGP), FIE,FIETE,
MIEEE (USA), FSEMCE, LMISTE,FDAAD (Germany)
Principal,
AU College of Engineering (Autonomous),
Andhra University,
Visakhapatnam – 530 003.

Email : principalengg@andhrauniversity.info
Phone : 0891-2844999, 2754586
Fax : 0891-2791179, 2747969

 

From Vizag Dwaraka Bus station(Main Bus station)


View Larger Map

From Dwaraka Bus Station Complex


View Larger Map

http://i1.wp.com/www.stepinau.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/auco.jpg?fit=647%2C380http://i1.wp.com/www.stepinau.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/auco.jpg?resize=150%2C150tejus_stepinauAU College Of EngineeringAndhra University Colleges,AU College of Engineering
  The Government of Composite Madras State sanctioned the present Engineering College at Visakhapatnam in 1946 even though the seeds of Technological education were sown when Sugar Technology was started in the year 1933. In 1946, initially the College was located at Cocanada, now called as Kakinada. After the separation...