Operating Systems Lab
Periods/week : 3 Periods & 1 Tut /week. Ses. : 50 Exam : 50 Examination (Practical): 3hrs. Credits: 2
1. Study of laboratory environment:
Hardware specifications, software specifications
2. Simple Unix-C programs:
Programs using system calls, library function calls to display and write strings on standard output device and files.
3. Programs using fork system calls.
2. Programs for error reporting using errno, perror( ) function.
3. Programs using pipes.
4. Shell programming.
5. Programs to simulate process scheduling like FCFS, Shortest Job First and RoundRobin.
6. Programs to simulate page replacement algorithms like FIFO, Optimal and LRU.
7. Programs to simulate free space management.
8. Programs to simulate virtual memory.
10. Programs to simulate deadlock detection.
Unix concepts and applications by Sumitabha Das, TMH Publications. Unix programming by Stevens, Pearson Education.
Shell programming by Yashwanth Kanetkar.
Operating System Concepts by Silberschatz, and Peter Galvin.