Periods/week : 3 Periods . Ses. : 30 Exam : 70 Examination (Practical): 3hrs. Credits: 4
1. Introduction: What is WAP, History, Architecture and future of WAP.
2. The user interface: User interface basics, Text entry, using the cache, Types of WML cards, Graphics WAP development Tools and Software: Editors and Emulators, SDK’s, Converting Images.
3. Working with WML: WML basics: Writing WML code, some examples, Graphics, Templates.
Forms and User input: The Options Menu, Events, Variables, Input Tag.
Adding Functionality with WML Script: The rules of WML Script, Variables, Operators, Control Constructs, Reserved Words, Functions, The Standard Libraries, Arrays, pragmas, General coding Principles.
4. Database-Driven WAP: ASP and WAP, ActiveX Data Objects (ADO), methods of converting existing HTML web site to WAP, M-Commerce and Security, Push Technology and Telematics.
5. Sample Applications: Currency Converter, User Directory, Scheduling, E-Commerce
1. WAP ‘A beginners Guide’——— DALE BULBROOK
2.WAP Development with WML and WML Script——- BEN FORTA and KEITH