Andhra University BE/B.Tech Data Structures Previous Paper 2011
First question is compulsory.
Answer any FOUR from the remaining questions.
Answer ALL parts of any question at one place.
1. (a) Define the two way linked list . What is the major advantage of two linked list
over the one way linked list?
(b) What is time-space trade-off?
(c) Write down the adjacency matrix of the graph.
(d) Explain hashing function.
(e) What is queue underflow? Give example?
(f) Write role of stack in function call.
(g) What is the advantage of top-down design?
2. (a) Explain the various aspects of problem solving .Also discuss pros and cons of
(b) Write a suitable C routine to remove and return the top element of the stack using
3. (a) Explain the operations to implement priority queue.
(b) Translate the following infix string into postfix. Trace out the algorithm
4. Design insertion and deletion for a seque that is represented by a doubly linked linear
5. (a) How a pivot element be fixed in the appropriate position in the quick sort method? . Explain it with an example
(b) How merge sort works? Explain it with suitable example.
6. Design procedures to insert and delete an element into and from a binary search tree.
7. (a) How do you construct a minimum cost spanning tree with prim’s algorithm?
Explain it with following graph.
8. write short notes on:
(b) Interpolation search.
(c) Threaded binary trees.http://www.stepinau.com/2013/09/26/andhra-university-beb-tech-data-structures-previous-paper-2011/IT 2.1 Previous PapersCSE,CSE Previous Papers,Data Structures Previous Papers