Andhra University BE/B.Tech Electronics Previous Paper 2009
Question no.1 is compulsory.
Answer any FOUR from the remaining questions.
All questions carry equal marks.
Answer all parts of a question at one place.
- Answer the following: (7×2=14)
(a) What is an intrinsic semiconductor?
(b) How a P-N Junction is formed?
(c) Draw the two transistor analogy of an SCR?
(d) What are h-parameters?
(e) What is biasing?
(f) Why is JFET unipolar?
(g) What is the use of shunt capacitor filter?
2.Explain electronic emission from a metal carrier concentration in an intrinsic semiconductor? (14)
3.(a) Distinguish between Avalanche Breakdown and Zener Breakdown? (7)
(b) Explain the formation of potential barrier across PN diode? (7)
4. (a) What are general specifications of PN junction diode? (7)
(b) The voltage across a silicon diode at room temperature (3000k) is 0.7v when 2mA
current flows through it. If the voltage increases to 0.75v, calculate the diode current (assume VT =26mA). (7)
5. (a) Draw the circuit and explain the output characteristics of CB transistor configuration. (7)
(b) Derive the expression for the collector current without neglecting the leakage current. (7)
6. (a) Discuss a full wave rectifier with π filter. (7)
(b) Compare the performance of inductive, L-section and π-filters. (7)
7. Explain enhancement and depletion MOSFETS in detail. (14)
8. Explain CE, CB and CC configurations in detail. (14)http://www.stepinau.com/2013/09/26/andhra-university-beb-tech-electronics-previous-paper-2009/IT 2.1 Previous Papers