Andhra University BE/B.Tech Electronics Previous Paper 2010
Question no. 1 is compulsory
Answer any FOUR questions from the remaining
All Questions carry equal marks.
Answer all parts of any question at one place.
1) Answer the following
a) Define Bandwidth
b) What is regulation?
c) Define intrinsic and Extrinsic semiconductors.
d) Draw the VI characteristics of UJT
e) What is bias compensation?
f) Compare enhancement and depletion MOSFET
g) List any two applications of amplifiers.
2) Explain electronic emission from a metal carrier concentration in an intrinsic semi conductor.
3) (a) Distinguish between diffusion capacitance and transition capacitance
(b) Explain the formation of potential barrier across PN diode
4) (a) What are general specifications of PN junction diode?
(b) The voltage across a silicon diode at room temperature(3000k) is 0.7 volts when 2mA current flows through it. If the voltage increases to 0.7 v. calculate the diode curent(assume vT=26mA)
5) (a) What is meant by thermal runaway briefly explain?
(b) What is condition for thermal stability
6) (a) A 15-0-15 volts(rms) ideal transformer is used with a full wave rectifier circuit with diodes having forward drop of 1 volt.The load is a resistance of 100 ohm and a capacitor of 10,000 µf is used as a filter across the load resistance. Calculate the dc load current and voltage.
(b)Draw the circuit diagram of a bridge rectifier circuit with π-section followed by L-section filter and explain its operation.
7) Explain the characteristics and parameters of JFET in detail.
8) Explain frequency response and bandwidth of an RC coupled amplifier along with its operation.http://www.stepinau.com/2013/09/26/andhra-university-beb-tech-electronics-previous-paper-2010/IT 2.1 Previous PapersCSE,CSE Previous Papers,Electronics Previous Papers,IT,IT Previous Papers