Andhra University BE/B.Tech Computer Organisation Previous paper 2009
First question is compulsory.Answer any FOUR from the remaining questions.
All questions carry equal marks.Answer ALL parts of any question at one place.
- (a) Differentiate the terms computer architecture and computer organization.
(b) Direct addressing mode.
(c) Role of Interleaved Memory.
(d) Programmed I/O.
(e) Basic Input Output operations.
(f) Interrupt and Trap.
(g) Context Switching.
2. (a) Explain various types of assembly language instructions.
(b) Sketch the architecture of a two address machine CPU you know of. Describe functions of (a) Flag register (b) Index register (c) Base register.
3. (a) Describe the Bus organization and control in a multi bus system.
(b) Describe the organization of an I/O channel.
4. (a) What is variable-length addressing? How is it designed? Illustrate through an example.
5. (a) Explain different number representations used in computers.
(b) Discuss the floating point adder and subtractor unit.
6. (a) Describe the steps involved in establishing a connection and transmit data and terminate a connection.
(b) Explain the organization and accessing of data on a disk.
7. (a) Explain about virtual memory in detail.
(b) Compare the serial access memory performance with that of random access memories with suitable example.
8. Write a short notes on:
(a) Asynchronous data transfer
(b) Cache memory
(c) Instruction formats.http://www.stepinau.com/2013/10/31/andhra-university-beb-tech-computer-organisation-previous-paper-2009/CSE 2.2 SyllabusComputer Organisation Previous Papers,CSE,CSE 2.2 Previous Papers,CSE Previous Papers,IT,IT 2.2 Previous Papers,IT Previous Papers