Andhra University BE/B.Tech Computer Organisation Previous Paper 2011
First question is compulsory. Answer any FOUR from the remaining questions
All questions carry equal marks
- (a) Differentiate logical shift and arithmetic shift.
(b) What is the purpose of instruction register?
(c) What is micro programmed control unit?
(d) Distinguish between restoring and non restoring division methods
(e) Distinguish between asynchronous and synchronous data transfer
(f) What is an addressing mode?
(g) Define Cache memory.
2. (a) Show the block diagram of the hardware that implements the following register transfer statement YT2:R2 <- R1 , R1 <- R2
(b) Give the logic diagram for constructing a common bus system using multiplexer.
3. (a) Give the instruction format for the basic computer.
(b) What is the difference between a direct and indirect address instruction? How many references to memory are needed for each type of instruction to bring an operand into a processor register.
4. Explain the design of microprogrammed control unit with the help of an example.
5. (a) Explain the stack organization in a digital computers.
(b) Explain with the help of an example the evaluation of arithemetic expression using stack.
6. (a) Explain the booths multiplication algorthm with the help of an example.
(b) Give the flowchart for booths multiplication algorithm.
7. (a) Explain with help of neat diagram Daisy chain priority interrupt.
(b) Explain with help of a block diagram DMA controller.
8. (a) Explain briefly cache memory.
(b) Explain different types of mapping procedures in the organisation of cache memory.
http://www.stepinau.com/2013/10/31/andhra-university-beb-tech-computer-organisation-previous-paper-2011/CSE 2.2 Previous PapersComputer Organisation Previous Papers,CSE,CSE 2.2 Previous Papers,CSE Previous Papers,IT,IT 2.2 Previous Papers,IT Previous Papers