Andhra University BE/B.Tech Microprocessor Previous Papres 2006
1. Answer ALL Questions: (7*2=14)
(a) What Is the function of READY signal in 8085 microprocessor?
(b) If 8085 adds 87H and 75H specify the contents of the accumulator and states of S,Z and CY flags.
(c) What is the result of the following?
(d) What Is the difference between I/O read and INTA cycle of 8085 microprocessor?
(e) Why was segmentation adopted for 8086 microprocessor?
(f) Differentiate between effective address and physical address of 8086 microprocessor?
(g) What is ment by wait state and when it is used?
2. (a) Explain the function of the following instruction of 8085:
(V) CALL 2000 H. (8)
(b)Draw and explain the timing diagram of the following instructions:
(i) JMP Addr
(ii) MOV A,M (6)
3 (a) Explain link established between main program and a sub_routine. Explain your answer with
(b) Write an ALP for 8085 to find 2’s complement of a given binary number. (8)
4. (a) Explain different data transfer schemes of 8085 with example? (8)
(b) What do you understand by priority of a device? How is the priority determined in case of
(i) software polled interrupts and
(ii) hardware polled interrupts? Explain your answer with examples. (6)
5. (a) Describe the internal architecture of 8086 microprocessor with a neat block schematic
(b) Explain the function of a programmable register of 8086. (5)
(c) Explain how the queue speeded up the process operation in 8086 microprocessor. (3)
6. (a) Draw the 8086 maximum mode bus timing diagram for an input transfer operation that requires no wait states and explain in detail. (6)
(b) Explain data transfer ,bit manipulation,string,transfer of control and process control group of instructions of 8086 with a minimum of two examples for each group. (8)
7. (a) Write an ALP for 8086 to find the average of given array of data elements of size ten. (6)
(b) Using stack of parsing parameters,write an ALP for 8086 to convert a 4 digit BCD number into ‘HEX’.show how you call this “BCD-HEX” sub-routine in the main programe. (8)
8. (a) Name four assembler directives and explain them briefly with an example of each. (4)
(b) What are the series of actions 8086 steps through when an interrupt is requested? (6)
(c) What is the main use of 8086 type interrupt? What 8086 ALP to set the TRAP flag. (4)http://www.stepinau.com/2013/10/31/andhra-university-beb-tech-microprocessor-2006/CSE 2.2 Previous PapersCSE,CSE 2.2 Previous Papers,CSE Previous Papers,IT,IT 2.2 Previous Papers,IT Previous Papers,Microprocessor Previous Papers