Andhra University BE/B.Tech Microprocessor Previous Papres 2008
- (a) What is the function of accumulator?
(b) What are tristate devices and why they are essential in a bus oriented system?
(c) Summarise the steps required to interface memory with microprocessor.
(d) Explain the functions of ALE and IO/M signals of the 8085 micro processor.
(e) Add the two packed BCD numbers 77 and48.
(f) Specify the functions of address bus and the direction of the information flow on the address bus.
(g) Explain difference between the machine language and assembly language of 8085 processor.
2. (a) Describe the 8086 instruction queue . what are its uses and advantages?
(b) What determine whether the microprocessor is in 8 bit,16 bit or 32 bit microprocessor.
(c) Calculate the physical address represented by
(i) 1234 H:0002 H
(iii)F2F2 H:1234 H
3 Describe the 8086 architecture in detail.
4. (a) Discuss the difference between minimum mode and maximum mode operation of 8086.
(b) Describe 8086 bus read and write cycles in detail.
5. (a) Explain the complete interrupt structure of 8085.
(b) Write in brif about interrupts in 8086.
6. (a)Suppose DS=2000 H: SS=2100 H; BP=0200;SI=1500 H; Determine the memory accessed by the following instructions:
MOV AL,[BP+SI+100 H]
MOV AX,[SI-0200 H]
(b) What is segment override prefix instruction of 8086? Explain with example.
7. (a) Develop an 8086 assembly language programe to find the LCM of two 16 bit unsigned integers.
(b) Develop an 8086 assemble language programe to find GCD of two 16 bit.
8. (a) Explain RIM and SIM instructions of 8085 along with timing diagram.
(b) Give instruction steps for testing interrupt logic of RST 5.5 interrupt.http://www.stepinau.com/2013/10/31/andhra-university-beb-tech-microprocessor-previous-papres-2008/CSE 2.2 SyllabusCSE,CSE 2.2 Previous Papers,CSE Previous Papers,IT,IT 2.2 Previous Papers,IT Previous Papers,Microprocessor Previous Papers