Andhra University BE/B.Tech Microprocessor Previous Papres 2010
- (a) Distinguish between reentrant procedures and recursive procedures.
(b) What is the main difference between the 8086 and 8088?
(c) what is the purpose of the ALE signal in an 8086 system?
(d) If the 8086 execution unit calculates an effective address of 24B3H and DS contains 8000H ,what physical address will the BIU produce?
(e) What is PSW?and give the contents of PSW
(f) How do you set the TRAP flag?
(g) What is the function of program counter in 8085?
2.(a)Explain architechture of 8085.Explain each block functionality in detail.
(b) Explain various assembler directives in detail.
3.(a) Explain the four categories of 8085 instructions that manipulate data
(b) write a program to add two BCD numbers.
4. (a) Explain briefly about stack organization
(b) The memory address of the last location of 1 Kb memory chip is given as FBFFH. Specify the memory map.
5. (a) Explain the concept of segmented memory.What are its advantages?
(b) Describe execution of a CALL instruction.
6. (a) What do you mean by addressing modes? What are the different addressing modes supported by 8086?Explain each of them with suitable examples.
(b) Write a program to find the addition of a series of signed numbers.
7. (a) Draw and discuss in detail an interrupt structure of 8086.
(b) Write the 8086 assembly language statement which will perform the following operations:
(1) Load the number 9985 H into the BP register
(2) Copy the contents of the AX register to the DS register.
(3) Load the number F3 H in to the AL register
8. (a) What are the requirements of assembly language programming in 8086? And explain parameter passing mechanism in macros.
(b) Write a program to find the GCD of two 16-bit numbers
http://www.stepinau.com/2013/10/31/andhra-university-beb-tech-microprocessor-previous-papres-2010/CSE 2.2 Previous PapersCSE,CSE 2.2 Previous Papers,CSE Previous Papers,IT,IT 2.2 Previous Papers,IT Previous Papers,Microprocessor Previous Papers